We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rentals

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newton, New Jersey
reviews: 113
Car Rentals

I’m heading to Reykjavik the end of April for 3.5 days and have decided to rent a car. I know this is an often asked question and I have searched through all the other posts and haven’t quite found an answer. While I don’t have a ton of money to spend on a rental car, I’m also not looking for the cheapest option either. My gut reaction is to go with a big name brand like Hertz, Avis, Budget, etc., because that’s what I know here in the states, but it’s been my experience the vehicles are not always up to the same standard outside of the US so I’m hesitant to book with any of them. I’d like to rent a car and not have to worry about mechanical or cleanliness issues. I’d like to walk up to a counter at the airport or take a shuttle bus to the rental car location, fill out some paperwork and be on my way. I don’t want to go through the hassle of calling a place, waiting for a ride, and then driving 15-20 min to their location. Any recommendations? I don’t care if it’s a local brand car rental agency; I just want it to safe and easy! Thank you :)

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
reviews: 21
1. Re: Car Rentals

Go with your gut feeling !

Reykjavik, Iceland
2. Re: Car Rentals

There are some good local car rental companies in Iceland with personal friendly service, new model good cars and a little better price then the big brands.

Here are some of them.

Iceland Car Rental www.icelandcarrental.is

Go Iceland Car Rental www.goiceland.com

Blue Car Rental www.bluecarrental.is

Pro Car www.procar.is

Have a nice trip to Iceland

Newton, New Jersey
reviews: 113
3. Re: Car Rentals

Thanks so much for your help :)

4. Re: Car Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 14, 2014