We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reykjavik buses

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tampere, Finland
reviews: 5
Reykjavik buses

Is there any kind of map available of the bus routes in Reykjavik? Tried to find one on straeto.is and other places but couldn't find one. The journey planner is nice but it would also be great to see all the routes on one map. Thanks in advance!

St Helens, United...
reviews: 20
1. Re: Reykjavik buses

They've seem to have redeveloped the site since last year, they used to have PDF documents of all the routes. I'd assume that they'd still have a full map in the tourist information offices.

Actually, using Google i've managed to find the full map PDF that (thankfully) seems to be still available:

straeto.is/media/kort/HEILDARKORT-2013.pdf

Naxxar, Malta
reviews: 1
2. Re: Reykjavik buses

I too am trying to find the Winter Public Transport in Iceland to get to Gullfoss, Geysir and Blue Lagoon from Reykjavik however that link is no longer available unfortunately. Can you please send the PDF by email or some other way - thank you.

St Helens, United...
3. Re: Reykjavik buses

No problem, here it is:

https://docs.google.com/open…

This will only cover Reykjavik and the local area, I'll dig around for the wider iceland map.

Edited: 9:50 am, January 02, 2013
St Helens, United...
4. Re: Reykjavik buses

I can't seem to edit my post again, but i've just come across this site linked from the visticeland.com site:

nat.is/travelguideeng/bus_schedules_iceland.…

It seems to cover most of Iceland!

Tampere, Finland
reviews: 5
5. Re: Reykjavik buses

Thanks a lot, that's great! It helps so much to see them on the map. Yay :)

Naxxar, Malta
6. Re: Reykjavik buses

Thank you! I had found this but only mentions Summer 2013 :(((

I am sure there are public bus services to the main sites in winter as dont wish to spend 8 HRS on a coach tour to Geysir and Gullfoss seeing we only have 2 days there but I cannot find public bus schedules for winter :(((

Reykjavik, Iceland
Destination Expert
for Iceland
reviews: 2
7. Re: Reykjavik buses

Maria the public bus network does not cover tourist attractions such as Geysir and Gullfoss. It's a link within the city and between towns. In order to get to the main tourist sites you have to take tours (can be a bus, minivan or private) or rent a car. In the summers you could hitch hike but that's not advised in the winter.

Edited: 7:14 am, January 06, 2013
sydney Australia
reviews: 55
8. Re: Reykjavik buses

you could do a half day tour to Gulfoss and Geysir. A number of people do them, and also in combiation with either snorkelling, diving or Blue Lagoon.

this is Nordic visitor site, which is first one that came up on google, but it is an onseller just to give you idea. …nordicvisitor.com/iceland/…default.aspx This is Golden Cirlce afternoon tour

and this is blue lagoon and GC tour. …nordicvisitor.com/iceland/…default.aspx

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
reviews: 22
9. Re: Reykjavik buses

And you don´t ,,spend 8 hours on a bus" !

The whole Golden circle is 240 Km. which is 3 hours of driving, the rest of the time is outside wandering around the sites !

Naxxar, Malta
10. Re: Reykjavik buses

Yes I know the 8 hours are not all spent on the bus but we will have to get up early as we have the Northern lights tour the night before and also that night if ee dont get to see them the first night so that means a whole day and night on a coach or buses :( that's why we were hoping on say 3/4 hr tour in the afternoon and the Blue Lagoon the day after as we are only there 2 days. By Public transport we would have been freer and less expensive and more time for Reykjavik or other places!!