We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants-where to eat.

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, New York
14 posts
restaurants-where to eat.

Hello all.

I'm going to Iceland this coming week. I need some info where to eat good foods in Reykjavik and Akureyri.

i only know the famous spot for famous hot dog, but where can I try the famous:

whale meat (sushi, steak, etc)

and other food that you think i should try.

also, if you know some very local restaurant cooks good food, please let me know too.

Level Contributor
3,722 posts
220 reviews
1. Re: restaurants-where to eat.

check out blog for ideas.

12 posts
2. Re: restaurants-where to eat.

I find whale and puffin are on a lot of menus in town, but I wonder which ones are more "tourist" focus versu not.

Here are some budget suggestions:

Edited: 8:13 pm, December 09, 2012
Brooklyn, New York
14 posts
3. Re: restaurants-where to eat.

Thank you guys, i'm looking forward to it.

Level Contributor
66 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: restaurants-where to eat.

this restaurant was suggested in another blog and it caught my eye! Prices seem ok too, and the restaurant looks really cosy!

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
33 reviews
5. Re: restaurants-where to eat.

I can't remember where I read it but somewhere next to the docks there's supposed to b a nice cabin or something. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Would like to give it a try myself. I'll be there tomorrow :D

6. Re: restaurants-where to eat.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, December 17, 2013