We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lodging August 2013????

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Corvallis, Oregon
reviews: 1
lodging August 2013????

I like to plan in advance so I thought I would check out hotels/apartments in the capital for next summer. Almost all sites appear to be booked. Can this be true?? Help me with ideas please.......

Will this be true all around the island?

Rhanking you in advance

Teecy

Glasgow
reviews: 2
1. Re: lodging August 2013????

There could be a few reasons, but accommodation businesses have to put the dates that their rooms/apartments are available into whichever booking system they use. Depending on the size of the business, and how organised they are, they may not have got round to putting in the information up for next summer (they've only just finished this summer), or may be waiting until they finalise their prices for next season.

I had a similar thing when looking for accommodation for next April, with some properties showing as sold out, but I did manage to find some good stuff to reserve, mainly through Booking.com. It's still early though, so keep looking every few weeks and see if anything new has come up. All of my reservations have free cancellation, so if a better deal comes up I can switch to it without losing money.

Alternatively, Iceland may indeed be sold out for next August. 8-)

Reykjavik, Iceland
Destination Expert
for Iceland
reviews: 2
2. Re: lodging August 2013????

I suppose this is because hotels and other accomodation businesses have not been able to determine their prising for the next year because there has been a discussion of a VAT increase on hotels etc. Right now it appears as if the VAT won't be increased so I guess they will soon be able to determine their pricing and open up for bookings. Just give it some time. August next year certainly isn't booked up yet.

Corvallis, Oregon
3. Re: lodging August 2013????

What a relief!! I have scheduled the dates of our vacation around a one week layover in Iceland. This is a longtime dream of my husband.

Thank you. I will be needing more advice from you folks on the forum.

Teecy

Corvallis, Oregon
4. Re: lodging August 2013????

Northice and Honey mooner you are absolutely correct. The issue is with the booking system! As an experiment I looked into booking a room for THIS Sept. and there were rooms available. Thanks again

Reykjavik, Iceland
5. Re: lodging August 2013????

Hi from Reykjavik

I would just pick a Hotel and call them, the front desk has alway´s up to date information. I agree that this must be a technical thing.

Best regards and happy planning

Jonas

Ojai, California
reviews: 33
6. Re: lodging August 2013????

Try www.airbnb.com

You can find private, nice places, with friendly hosts many at Hostel rates. It is a world search and only Reykjavik comes up for Iceland but it includes the entire country.

Southampton, United...
reviews: 20
7. Re: lodging August 2013????

Hi forum, I am travelling to Iceland Aug 2013, recently booked. I was not surprised by the lack of availability at Reykjavik hotels given the city's size. The hotel I booked had 3 rooms left when I booked over 8 months in advance, I also saw a price increase in the 3 weeks I was researching till I actually booked the flight. Very glad I got the room I wanted in the hotel I wanted.

8. Re: lodging August 2013????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 24, 2013