We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Layover Time

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
Airport Layover Time

Hi I'm thinking about booking a flight from Paris --> Reykjavik --> Seattle, but the layover time at Reykjavik is only 25 minutes. Maybe if it was an hour I wouldn't be so scared, but is 25 minutes really enough? Also since I am flying at the beginning of January when everyone's trying to get home I'm scared of flight delays! If any could help me out I would really appreciate it! :)

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Iceland
reviews: 29
1. Re: Airport Layover Time

In looking at the Icelandair schedule, the flight from Paris arrives in KEF at 1550, and the flight to Seattle departs KEF at 1655. That is 1:05 connect time, which is plenty.

What makes you think that you only have 0:25 minutes connect time?

Vancouver
2. Re: Airport Layover Time

Maybe we're not talking about the same date. I'm looking to go home on January 3rd, the flight arrives at 1630 and leaves for Seattle at 1655, which means I only have a 25 minute layover time. But I'm thinking that's a pretty big risk, can they move the luggage that fast?

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Iceland
3. Re: Airport Layover Time

First, let me welcome you to TA, as I see you are new.

We definitely agree that the flight to Seattle leaves KEF at 1655, but looking at the Icelandair site, everything indicates that the flight from Paris to KEF arrives at 1550.

This is a cut and paste from the icelandair schedule at icelandair.us:

To REYKJAVÍK KEF Keflavík Intl. GMT+0

From PARIS CDG Ch.De Gaulle GMT+1

26Oct–21Dec 13.20–15.50 1 . . . 5 . . Nonstop FI543

26Dec–2Jan 13.20–15.50 1 . 3 . . 6 . Nonstop FI543

3Jan–8Jan 13.20–15.50 1 . . . 5 . 7 Nonstop FI543

11Jan–26Mar 13.20–15.50 1 . . . 5 .. Nonstop FI543

What makes you think the flight from Paris arrives at 1630 when the schedule says 1550?

What, or who, says the flight from Paris arrives at 1630? Definitely not the Icelandair schedule that is on-line.

Quite honestly something is wrong, as 25 minutes is not enough time for an international connection. I just don't understand where you see this connection.

Can you tell me where or how you are getting this information?

Again, welcome to FT. We will find out what is going on, as :25 is not enough connection time.

What I need to know is who says that the Icelandair flight from Paris on 01/03 arrives in KEF at 1630. Definitenly not the on-line schedule for Icelandair.

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Iceland
4. Re: Airport Layover Time

I have done further research, and you do have a problem.

I had only looked at the pdf file schedule for Paris-Reykjavik. This is Icelandair's "published" schedule, and one would think they adhere to the schedule they publish..

Using the drop down schedule, with a date of 3 Jan 2010, for whatever reason, the flight from Paris leaves at 1400 and arrives in KEF at 1630, and would, in fact, give you 25 minute connect time for the Seattle departure at 1655.

Very strange for the dearture to be different on this date alone, as best I can tell.

Anyway, 0:25 is not enough connect time, and should not be offered to you as a means of travel.

I would definitely call Icelandair and ask about this, as a flight from Paris to Seattle connecing thru KEF with a connection time of 25 minutes is not legal in terms of standard connection times.

I'm sorry to have doubted you, but I trusted in the Icelandair pdf schedule that says on 01/03 the flight from Paris to KEF arrives 1550.

For whatever reason, it has been changed on that date, making your connection very doubtful, if possible at all.

Please call Icelandair and see if you can resolve this problem. They should not allow a booking with a connection this short.

5. Re: Airport Layover Time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 20, 2010