We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Landmannalaugar, Jokulsargljufur and Fimmvorduhals

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Landmannalaugar, Jokulsargljufur and Fimmvorduhals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:11 pm, March 22, 2015
Iceland
reviews: 18
1. Re: Landmannalaugar, Jokulsargljufur and Fimmvorduhals

Landmanlaugur is popular for the natural bath and 2 hours would be enough for that. Of course, you can do a lot of hiking there as well and see other lakes nearby, than it will be at least one day.

In Asbyrgi I would advice to walk a circle.

Fimmvoduhals trail from Skogar takes you to a cascade of 27 or so waterfalls before you get up to the glacier.The sun is behind you. I have done it several times both ways and the best is to go from Skogar really early like 05.30

Have a nice trip and good weather!

2. Re: Landmannalaugar, Jokulsargljufur and Fimmvorduhals

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

NDG
reviews: 1
3. Re: Landmannalaugar, Jokulsargljufur and Fimmvorduhals

I remember there being a gas station by route 1 at Skaftafell and that was pretty much it. However, I stayed at Hotel Skaftafell and I remember eating well there at the restaurant, though I'm not sure this is what you're looking for.

Enjoy Iceland!

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
reviews: 22
4. Re: Landmannalaugar, Jokulsargljufur and Fimmvorduhals

The weather is always good in Thorsmork !!!

But check the forecast: www.vedur.is

,,Normal" family pace hiking time on the Fimmvörðuháls pass is 8 - 10 hours.

Supermarkets are open on June 17. Street festivals are until midnight, everywhere in Iceland.

There is a ,,micro market" and restaurant at the gas station, 3 Km. east of the N.P., but I would still recommend a visit to the supermarket in Kirkjubæjarklaustur, before you get to Skaftafell.

B-)

Scunthorpe, United...
reviews: 81
5. Re: Landmannalaugar, Jokulsargljufur and Fimmvorduhals

At the national park centre at Skaftafell there is a shop for the camp site which sells basic groceries. That should be open by mid-June.

"Also, in Jokulsargljufur National Park, is it possible to start from Asbyrgi, go South an the next day, take the bus from where we are by being on the bus route?"

Where were you intending to spend that night? Do you have a tent? As far as I know there is no accommodation between the coast and the Ring Road in that area. I don't know what time bus services run (or rather the bus runs). I think you need clear ideas about transport as it appears you do not have a car. That area may be difficult without one.

6. Re: Landmannalaugar, Jokulsargljufur and Fimmvorduhals

7. Re: Landmannalaugar, Jokulsargljufur and Fimmvorduhals

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 2:21 am, October 29, 2009