We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Checkin time for IcelandAir at Manchester Airport

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester
Checkin time for IcelandAir at Manchester Airport

The e-ticket says 3 hours are needed...

is it real?

Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 54
1. Re: Checkin time for IcelandAir at Manchester Airport

On their website, Manchester isn't on the list of airports they serve! However, they do admit to flying from there.

It's 3 hours for checkin at London, so would imagine Manchester would be the same. You can checkin online 22 hours before the flight.

Bristol
reviews: 10
2. Re: Checkin time for IcelandAir at Manchester Airport

I emailed Iceland Air to ask about check-in time for Heathrow and they told me two hours.

Bradford, Yorkshire
reviews: 38
3. Re: Checkin time for IcelandAir at Manchester Airport

My e-ticket has the same check in time, ie 3hrs, so I assume it's real .... but ridiculous.

Return from Keflavik is 2hrs.

Reykjavik, Iceland
reviews: 66
4. Re: Checkin time for IcelandAir at Manchester Airport

Icelandair check-in at both London and Glasgow opens 3 hours prior to departure. I've never flown out of Manchester, but I would assume the same.

I've had very variable experiences at Heathrow over the past 27 years of flying to Iceland. Considering only more recent travel (after 9/11), mainly I've been checked in and through security within one hour, but there have been several occasions where the complete process has taken over two hours, mainly due to security queues. At Heathrow, Icelandair usually opens the gate 60 minutes before departure, and begins boarding as early as 30 minutes prior.

So, whilst three hours might seem excessive, at times it can be quite marginal.

I would assume that Manchester could be similar.

5. Re: Checkin time for IcelandAir at Manchester Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, October 20, 2009