We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The cheapest way from london to iceland

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sofia, Bulgaria
reviews: 1
The cheapest way from london to iceland

Can anybody advise which is the cheapest way to go from London to Iceland. I have checked Iceland Air and Iceland Express?

best regards

Bobi

Keflavik
1. Re: The cheapest way from london to iceland

I don´t think You can get cheaper to express www.icelandexpress.com London Gatwick-Reykjavik 2.6.2009 Tuesday AEU502 12:35 14:35 22,00 GBP

Sofia, Bulgaria
2. Re: The cheapest way from london to iceland

22,00 GBP is more than excellent but when i enter my dates for july it turns out that it will cost about... 295 both ways

Bobi

Reykjavik, Iceland
reviews: 66
3. Re: The cheapest way from london to iceland

The only way to be sure is to check both for your planned travel dates - I travel regularly on business and sometimes one is cheaper, sometimes the other.

But, you do need to consider transfer costs too - from the beginning of May Iceland Express moves its London operations from Stansted to Gatwick - if you're flying into Gatwick from Sofia, all well and good, but if you fly into Stansted it will cost you an arm and a leg, and around three hours, to transfer. In that case, it might be better to connect through Heathrow with Icelandair.

If you don't have any specific reason to transfer through London then Frankfurt/Hahn or Berlin (the former Iceland Express, the latter both airlines) might be better options.

Keflavik
4. Re: The cheapest way from london to iceland

I did send You private link one way ticket about from 58 GBp one way. Plus tax for sure.Tax have to pay all of us

Sofia, Bulgaria
5. Re: The cheapest way from london to iceland

Thank you both of you.

In fact i don't mind to fly through Germany or somewhere else...

Best regards

Bobi

Reykjavik, Iceland
6. Re: The cheapest way from london to iceland

Also check Frankfurt/Main to connect with Icelandair, and in July, München and Milano/Malpensa.

Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 54
7. Re: The cheapest way from london to iceland

You could look at a site like www.skyscanner.net.

In a second or two, it will tell you the cheapest fares for every day in July and on every route.

The "cheapest way", would be to move your travel dates from the peak time.

Sofia, Bulgaria
8. Re: The cheapest way from london to iceland

Thank you :)

Reykjavik, Iceland
9. Re: The cheapest way from london to iceland

Just a word of caution here - many of these fare-search sites seem to have a problem with Iceland.

As an example, I'm in the process of arranging travel from Delhi to Keflavik in March, on very specific dates and routing only through Schengen (i.e. avoiding the U.K.)

skyscanner.net sends me to ebookers.com (GBP 3078) and TerminalA (GBP 1865) both via London.

The cheapest Schengen-only flight on opodo.co.uk is GBP 3799

dohop.com (which does handle Iceland flights very well) is ISK 108.000 (about GBP 670) with transfers required between LHR and STN, or ISK 134.000 (about GBP 828) connecting at LHR only, but no Schengen-only routings.

But the route I shall go is emirates.com DEL-FRA return at GBP 396 together with icelandair.is FRA-KEF return at ISK 51.000 (about GBP 315), not as cheap as dohop.com but Schengen only thus avoiding a U.K. transit visa for my Indian colleague.

skyscanner.net is a superb tool on most occasions, but as with its competititors, it does have problems on some routes.

10. Re: The cheapest way from london to iceland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, August 18, 2009