We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Planning......(please!!!)

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Help with Planning......(please!!!)

Hello!

We are wanting to come to Iceland from 17th -20th July. We will arrive about 3pm on the Thursday and leave about 3pm on the Sunday.

In that time we would like to go to the Blue Lagoon, go whale watching and take the Golden Circle tour, as well as have a look around Reykjavik and sample the nightlife. A few questions:

1. Is this enough time?

2. Do you recommend any particular order?

3. Are there any companies that you recommend for these particular tours?

4. Is there anything else close by that i am missing out in the trip and should not miss?

5. We plan to stay in Apartment K - would this be a good choice?

I really really appreciate your help with this!!!

Many thanks!!

melbourne
reviews: 2
1. Re: Help with Planning......(please!!!)

Hi i highly recommend Iceland, i have just returned from a 4 day stay there and i cant wait to return in the summer. I highly recommend Iceland Excursions, I did the Golden Circle and the Blue Lagoon with them. The Blue Lagoon is great to do on your last day as its on the way to the airport and tops of a few hectic days nicely. The others can be done any way you like and Reykjavik is quite small and easy to get around on foot. Don't for get to go up the church tower for awesome views over the city!

The Golden Circle Tour is awesome and I can also recommend riding the icelandic ponies at Laynes farm which I incorporated with my Golden Circle Tour, these amazing little horses are so easy to ride and a great way to see some amazing scenery ( i rode in rivers and snow up to their bellies). I stayed at Baldursbra Guesthouse which is very reasonable and only minutes from the town centre, the host family are lovely and while it is simple it is definately comfortable for those wanting to save some $$ and the breakfasts are excellent!

Have a great time!!

2. Re: Help with Planning......(please!!!)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, September 20, 2009