We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need help planning a July trip to Iceland

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
MN
reviews: 32
I need help planning a July trip to Iceland

I'm thinking about going to iceland this summer. I would arrive at the KEF airport at 6:30 am on July 3rd and then leave from that same airport early morning July 5th. Is two days enough time to see iceland? I'd really just like to bathe in the geothermal spas/hot springs. Where can I find out more information about which spas to go to? where are they located? Should I stay in Reykjavik to be closest to the spas? Is it plausible to do the geothermal spas and explore the city in one day, and then do the golden circle tour the next day, or is that doing too much?

How can I do this trip as cheaply as possible? I know Iceland is expensive, but can anyone recommend some cheaper hotels or restaurants?

Is July not a good time to visit Iceland?

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
reviews: 22
1. Re: I need help planning a July trip to Iceland

My advice is to explore the city, the first day. And maybe go to the Reykjavik pools, or the beach, if weather is ok. They´re both geothermal.

The later day, do the Golden circle, Iceland in a nutshell, and end the day with an afternoon tour to the Blue Lagoon. It´s not as crowded in the evenings.

B-)

2. Re: I need help planning a July trip to Iceland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, September 18, 2009