We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gotta buy those Bjork cds

Which Reykjavik hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oregon
reviews: 5
Gotta buy those Bjork cds

I'm visiting Iceland in May, staying at the Hotel Atlantis. I'm ditching the family on this trip, traveling with a long time friend.

My teenage son and his friends all want Bjork cds from Iceland! Bjork Bjork Bjork!!! Can someone tell me how much cds cost there and where a good (cheap) store is near the city center?

Here's a radical thought: what other cds do I want to buy besides Bjork? My friend and I like choral ensembles. Suggestions?

Thanks!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
1. Re: Gotta buy those Bjork cds

Good for you for going with a friend - nice to shake off the daily grind and do something out of the ordinary.

Bad news - nothing in Iceland is cheap. Seriously. When you arrive, you can visit a duty free store before leaving KEF - it's just down the escalator to the right of the baggage collection area. Have a look there to see if they sell Bjork CDs - they might offer a better price than in Reykjavik. Otherwise, you might want to make a trip to Kringlan or Smaralind shopping centres - there's at least one music store in each of them, and both are easily accessible by bus.

Have a listen to Sigur Ros, see if you like them.

North St. Paul, Mn
2. Re: Gotta buy those Bjork cds

Hi! There is also a huge music store in the Perlan in Reykjavik. (that's a big tourist place--a domed building surrounded by the geothermal holding tanks. It has a great outside deck area towards the top that will give you a wonderful view of the city).

You'll like the Hotel Atlantis. That's where we stayed and we were very happy. It's very clean and just enough out of downtown to be quiet. We especially liked that we could cook some of our meals. There are two grocery stores within walking distance of the hotel. Have a blast!