We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The perfect gift?

Which Iceland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
The perfect gift?

My significant other and I are traveling to Iceland next summer. I would like to give him a cool gift this Christmas related to the trip. Any tickets I could get or must see's that I could book now and give to him to get him excited?

Oosterhout, The...
reviews: 6
1. Re: The perfect gift?

The natural sights in Iceland are all free. You could consider a boat excursion (whaling or birds).

If your partner reads, you could consider a book by an Icelandic author. I enjoyed the Arnaldur Indridason series.(detective). A music CD by Sigur Ros could also be great. There is also a beautiful video called Heimur, which documents the Sigur Ros homecoming tour round Iceland, which combines their music with beautiful moody landscapes.

Reykjavik, Iceland
reviews: 1
2. Re: The perfect gift?

I agree with HelenoF - great ideas by the way. Both the books by Arnaldur Indridason and a CD with Sigur Ros :) But the video is actually called Heima.

Or maybe you can order some tours? For example to the amazing Landmannalaugar. Or a helicopter one :)

Oosterhout, The...
reviews: 6
3. Re: The perfect gift?

Yes, I did indeed make a mistake. Here is a link http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/heima/

Edited: 6:27 am, December 04, 2013
Bethesda MD
reviews: 15
4. Re: The perfect gift?

Mountain Hard Wear makes an incredibly packable wind/rain garment that I've already found very useful to have for travel and hiking and think will be perfect for Iceland. It's small enough to fit in a pocket, when rolled tightly, yet reviews say it's durable and mine has been. (I keep mine in a "snack" size ziplock bag.) I can't remember whether I found mine on Amazon, REI, or Sierra Trading Post. Bought last year but I presume it's still available. I carry it much more often that I wear it, but that's the point: it provides assurance that you can stay reasonably dry and (with layers) warm, without adding weight or bulk.

Edited: 8:39 am, December 04, 2013
Durham, North...
reviews: 1
5. Re: The perfect gift?

I would consider a helicopter tour to be an ultimate gift!

I'm not allowed to do any self promotion but it might also be nice to give him a framed photograph of the scenery. I'm sure you can track one down... I suggest the high end prints on aluminum since they really sparkle. :)

6. Re: The perfect gift?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 06, 2014