We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 days in Iceland.(Recommend pls.)

Which Iceland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Viet
6 days in Iceland.(Recommend pls.)

I have a plan to travel iceland for 6 days in early July.

Would you comment and recommend your idea for my plan ?

2~3 days : Reykjavik and day trip(tour program)

2~3 days : South coast

I have no idea I should stay in Reykjavik and use the day trip to other places or 3 days in Reykjavik and 3 days in south area.

In south area, where is good place to stay ?

I will not rent a car, just will use the day tour program.

Park.

Northern Ireland...
reviews: 48
1. Re: 6 days in Iceland.(Recommend pls.)

In Reykjavik you should go to the Cathederal and take the elevator to the top of the steeple for the highest point in the city - great views! In the South you should go to Thorsmark for the great natural walks and views. Remember to visit Thingvellir for the Geysirs and Gulfoss Falls. You will need to speek to the local expert for info about Public buses from Reykjavik to the south coast because the tour buses won't drop you off there.

Reykjavi­k, Iceland
reviews: 39
2. Re: 6 days in Iceland.(Recommend pls.)

Hi philcom,

I would reccommend staying close to Vík area or Gullfoss/Geysir are if you plan to stay in the south for a couple of days, although you will of course have to take in consideration the transport since it is not always easy to take the bus from certain places.

These companies offer daytours: www.kynnisferdir.is and www.allrahanda.is.

The tours are, The Golden Circle, day trip to Landmannalaugar (you could stay at Hrauneyjar or Hotel Háland if you do not want to leave the are the same day).

For accommodation in the south check out: www.farmholidays.is

Flekkur.

3. Re: 6 days in Iceland.(Recommend pls.)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, August 12, 2009