We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Keflavik to Blue Lagoon

Which Iceland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds,UK
reviews: 1
Keflavik to Blue Lagoon

Hi,

I've booked a short trip to Iceland from 25th Feb- 1st March. In order maximise time I was thinking about booking on an Iceland Excursion bus that takes me from the airport to the blue lagoon and to the hotel.

But I wonder if I would be cutting it too fine. I land at 16.50 and the bus leaves the airport at 17.30. I don't know the scale of the airport is this too risky? I can't do it the other way around as flight is at 09.00 so it would mean going on one of my three full days there. Noone seems to leave airport later than 17.30.

Sunset is supposed to be at half 6 so I was wondering if it would be a good time to go..dusk/night? Or if I have to go during day can anyone recommend how to spend other half of day ie. any combi tours as I don't want to waste a second!

Thanks!

Reykjavik, Iceland
Destination Expert
for Iceland
reviews: 2
1. Re: Keflavik to Blue Lagoon

The airport is compact. 40 minutes should be plenty enough for you to pick up your luggage and catch the bus.

In my opinion The Blue Lagoon experience is even better in the twilight/dark.

Edited: 2:28 pm, February 04, 2013
Washington DC...
reviews: 4
2. Re: Keflavik to Blue Lagoon

You can absolutely make it! The airport is small and easy to navigate and it's only 8 miles from the airport to the Blue Lagoon. Many people we spoke to on tours we're doing to the Lagoon right before their flights and they weren't worried about missing their flights.

I visited the lagoon during the day but can only imagine how awesome it would be in the evening!

If you wanna see photos from my trip, they're here: …blogspot.com/2013/02/blue-lagoon.html

Leeds,UK
reviews: 1
3. Re: Keflavik to Blue Lagoon

Great ok, we shall go for it! I'll drop the company an email too to double check. Thanks for the advice guys.

Nice blog btw!

4. Re: Keflavik to Blue Lagoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 07, 2014