In Reykjavik I want to go to see the Blue Lagoon, Glacial Lagoon, do the Golden Circle tour, (possibly ride the Viking Horses), go on a Northern lights tour (if we go in the winter), see the puffins (if we go in July). I also want to do some general sight seeing (Hallgrímskirkja Church, Harpa Hall, Perlan).
1) There are soo many tours available I have no idea which one to go with since most receive raving reviews! Does anyone have any tips as to which one to choose? I was looking at GoEcco Tours since they seem to throw in some activities (like bathing in a "secret" pool") which other tours don't offer. But in the end I'd like to go on a tour that gives good value for money, is reliable, safe and friendly.
2) Is it cheaper to just go to the Blue Lagoon myself by bus rather than by tour?
3) How much would this trip to Reykjavik end up costing me? I have a feeling it will be around the $5,000 mark without airfare, and just with all these tours, accommodation, food? (If we go in the winter it will be off-peak so hopefully prices will be slightly cheaper?)
4) Should we do a tour for general city sightseeing or just go on our own? Is Reykjavik easy to navigate for a foreigner?
5) Northern Lights tours.. would it be better to just go to a hotel that is a little further out from the city (e.g. Hotel Ranga) and just hope to see northern lights or go on a Northern Lights Tour? We'd probably go on the first or second night, and hopefully if we don't see lights we could go on the following night again... (but which tour to choose is another thing!)Edited: 8:54 pm, January 29, 2013