We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Most hotels sold out

Which Iceland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
reviews: 6
Most hotels sold out

Hello

Guess I'm late in the game as looking for a trip to Iceland in mid feb and seeing most hotels are sold out. Is his usually the case?? Do I ave ny hope??

I was looking for the top northern lights hotels o maybe I need to look elsewhere like in the capital?? Would prefer away from light pollution.

Anyone know of any hidden gems?

Thx

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
reviews: 22
1. Re: Most hotels sold out

What !? sold out ? And which are the ,, top northern lights hotels" ?

Canada
2. Re: Most hotels sold out

I contacted hotel glymur , hotel framnes, hotel rango and no availability. Am I booking too late? I contacted a few other and awaiting replies but the website showed no availability.

Suggestions on where to stay??

UK
reviews: 7
3. Re: Most hotels sold out

We've just booked for February with Discover the World in the UK and found both flights and hotels much trickier than ever before. For first time in years have not managed to get into Hotel Ranga. What about trying the new Hotel Ion? Or Hotel Budir? Good luck.

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 12
4. Re: Most hotels sold out

We just booked via Icelandair for Feb 23rd. But we did a flight and hotel package.

Canada
5. Re: Most hotels sold out

Hi beccanor and onajetplane2 which hotels are you staying at?

UK
6. Re: Most hotels sold out

We are doing 1 night Hotel Hamar at Borganes, then Hotel Framnes, Hotel Budir and Hotel ION.

Canada
7. Re: Most hotels sold out

That's pretty good beccanor so are you renting a car and driving around between the spots? I want to do a whale watch, golden circle tour, blue lagoon and check out the capital and of course maximize chance to see northern lights so not sure if I should stay in one spot central to all this or do few hotels like u.

What excursions are u doing? Why did you decide to boom 4 hotels?

I'm having a hard time picking hotels as getting confused what areas I need to be in lol

Can you please send me the link to hotel ion? I did a google search and couldnt find it

Many thanks

UK
8. Re: Most hotels sold out

Hotel ION is http://www.ioniceland.is/. Yes, we are renting a car so the only excursions we will do is the orca watching with Laki Tours and a day with a super jeep into the interior. We have done something like this each winter for the past 4 or 5 years so prefer to tour and see at leat one new thing each time. Not that Iceland is ever the same two years runing! It's our annual treat so we spoil ourselves with our hotel choices, but we have stayed in lots of cheaper ones that are also great. I'm sure you will find somewhere. If it's your first trip and you are on your own you might do well to base yourself in they city and take day trips - the country side is very close. Don't count on the Northern Lights - we've only seen them two or three times are they've been quite weak - just view them as a bonus to all the other wonderful sights you will see.

Canada
9. Re: Most hotels sold out

Thanks for the link!!!

When you say base yourself in the city do u men rekjavik? It is our first time n nit sure wgn we will b back o want to do the main stuff,

I know the lights and orcas are not guaranteed but hoping for the best!!

Vogar
10. Re: Most hotels sold out

The capital region (Reykjavik and environs) have over 200 000 inhabitants (out of a total of 320 000 in the whole country)

There are no other places one could possibly call cities, most of the rest is just small villages and towns and a lot of uninhabitated areas.