We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from Reykjavik to Minna-Mossfell Guesthouse

Which Iceland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 1
Travelling from Reykjavik to Minna-Mossfell Guesthouse

Hi i we are coming to Iceland in two weeks time mainly to see the Northern Lights.

We are not planning to hire a car - can anyone please tell me the best and affordable way to travel from KEF airport to our Guesthouse (Minna-Mosfell, Þingvallavegur, 271 Mosfellsbær, Iceland)

Many thanks

Reykjavik, Iceland
Destination Expert
for Iceland
reviews: 2
1. Re: Travelling from Reykjavik to Minna-Mossfell Guesthouse

One way is to take the FlyBus to the BSI bus terminal in Reykjavik and then a Taxi from there to Minna-Mosfell

www.flybus.is

London, United...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Travelling from Reykjavik to Minna-Mossfell Guesthouse

Hi, many thanks yes this is the journey we were thinking of doing. I was hoping that there was a bus that goes to Mosfellsbaer and then we could get a taxi from there hoping it would reduce costs.

Many thanks for your help on this..

Regards

Wayne

Edited: 10:38 am, November 07, 2012
Delft, The...
3. Re: Travelling from Reykjavik to Minna-Mossfell Guesthouse

City bus 15 stops in front of BSÍ bus station, and will bring you to Mossfellsbaer.

http://www.straeto.is/leidakerfi/leid15

paris
reviews: 14
4. Re: Travelling from Reykjavik to Minna-Mossfell Guesthouse

I can't help with OP's question, as we drove there and one should note that the road to Pingvellir where the farm is located is quite awesome and an easy drive.

But I'd like to add it's a nice place to stay, clean and warm in a great natural setting 15kms from reykjavik only, of very good value - excellent surprise as we hadn't heard of Mina Mosfell 30minutes before checking in and it did exceed our (little ) expectation. A couple of kms only from the Laxness Horse riding farm as well, which is one of the few horse riding farms open in winter.

5. Re: Travelling from Reykjavik to Minna-Mossfell Guesthouse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 29, 2013