We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Imagine Peace Tower on Videy island

Which Iceland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester
reviews: 2
Imagine Peace Tower on Videy island

Can anyone recommend whether it is worth the trip over to the island to look at this? Will be in Reykjavik the weekend of the 10th Oct and I am wondering if it would be a good thing to do, if possible, to go over on the Sunday evening. Are there any ferries running in the evenings? Has anyone been across to look at it?

Any help appreciated.

D.

Reykjavik, Iceland
reviews: 66
1. Re: Imagine Peace Tower on Videy island

Here's a link which should help:

http://www.elding.is/videy/imagine_peace/

Bushey Heath...
2. Re: Imagine Peace Tower on Videy island

Hi,

Has anyone done this tour, is it recommended?

How long roughly is the whole tour?

Thanks,

Mat

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 88
3. Re: Imagine Peace Tower on Videy island

It’s a 5 minute boat trip from the city. They only started running trips in winter this year, but there are only about 4 per day, if I remember. No organised tour necessary. Personally I don’t think its worth the trip for the tower of light, as its switched off most of the time. But Videy is a great walk, especially in the snow, so go for the walk and have a cup of hot chocolate in Videy House.

Reykjavik
4. Re: Imagine Peace Tower on Videy island

I totally agree with Aname. The tower itself is very simple, but the message is not.

But Videy is nice, especially if you like birds :). In Videy it is also one of the oldest houses you can find in Reykjavik area. It was build by one of Iceland first non-Danish entrepreneur, Skúli Magnusson, in the middle of 1750's.

Perfect place to flee the noise of the city. Very recommended in the mid-summer as the whole island is covered with yellow flower, the buttercup.

5. Re: Imagine Peace Tower on Videy island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, October 10, 2009