We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental in Iceland - Reykjavik

Which Iceland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston, MA
reviews: 2
Car Rental in Iceland - Reykjavik

Well, this is a happy ending to my car rental experience in Iceland. In my September 10, 2008 Trip Advisor posting indicated that I had experienced some problems with the two Avis Car Rental offices in Reykjavik. My car rental period was from September 2-6, 2008. Please see Trip Advisor link below:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g189952-i223-k2242…

A Trip Advisor member from Iceland read my posting and forwarded it to Avis Iceland. This is a concrete example on how our Trip Advisor members support one another in trip planning and, as in my case, even in resolving issues upon returning home. Thank you, icelandicguide!

On the same day of my posting, September 10, I was contacted by the General Manager of Avis Iceland and was asked to e-mail additional information to Avis Iceland's Customer Service Department, which I did.

In less than a week, the Avis Customer Service Department in both countries, Iceland and the U.S., contacted me, and I'm happy to say that all of the issues that I had raised have been fully addressed to my satisfaction.

Thus, based on how Avis Iceland responded to, and addressed my concerns, my confidence in Avis has been fully restored. I will be more than happy to rent a car again from Avis, without any hesitation.

1. Re: Car Rental in Iceland - Reykjavik

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:23 pm, October 09, 2009