We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Insurance for living in Helsinki?

Which Helsinki hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pesaro
Insurance for living in Helsinki?

Hi,

Somebody told me that exchange students are covered by an insurance for all activities at the university, or trips with Laureamko,

but also that I need to have an insurance for everyday life (In Italy I haven't got one). Have I to make it? is it essential? How much does it costs?

About bar at Laurea Leppavaara, what do you think about it?

Thanks

Francesco

Bayern
1. Re: Insurance for living in Helsinki?

You will probably have to (if not, do so anyway, if possible) pay the student union fee for the study year you will be attending the school. I have no idea how much that is exactly for Laurea, probably a little more than €50, but it is well worth it. That money gets you a student card with which you get quite reasonably priced medicare (dentist appointment €3 etc.) along with many discounts. I would image the benefits will be explained during orientation.

Insurance for your belongings you'll naturally need to get yourself, if you think you need it. So that is not mandatory.

Hopefully your last question is not about bars in Leppävaara, as there aren't many and I would not recommend any of them... :)

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
2. Re: Insurance for living in Helsinki?

Hi

You should get an EU insurance card before you leave Italy which entitles you to whatever care citizens of Finland are entitled to at the same cost.

Jackie

New York
reviews: 30
3. Re: Insurance for living in Helsinki?

any idea where can i have information for an EU insurance..

Cork, Ireland
reviews: 22
4. Re: Insurance for living in Helsinki?

anindyachakraborty - I think Jackie34 refers to the EHIC card (see eg. http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Policyandguidance/Healthadvicefortravellers/index.htm). You need to be an EU resident in order to get one.

5. Re: Insurance for living in Helsinki?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:21 am, September 05, 2009