We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Olympia Terminal to Helsinki Airport

Which Helsinki hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 49
Travel from Olympia Terminal to Helsinki Airport

I am travelling alone with 3 young children in May & we will be arriving at Olympia Terminal via ferry at 9.55am & need to be at Helsinki airport in time to catch plane at 1.55pm.What is the quickest option please ?

5 replies to this topic
Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Finland
reviews: 46
1. Re: Travel from Olympia Terminal to Helsinki Airport

Quickest would be a taxi. However there's no need to rush. Take tram 2 to the Railway Station and bus 615 to the Airport. Takes ~1 hour..

Brisbane, Australia
2. Re: Travel from Olympia Terminal to Helsinki Airport

Thankyou Polarbear however are the tram & bus easy to find ? Please excuse me as I have never travelled before & I only speak English also so am concerned about making myself understood.I also have some more questions but unsure if I should start new topics-can you also advise on this please ? Thankyou again for you help & patience.

Helsinki, Finland
3. Re: Travel from Olympia Terminal to Helsinki Airport

The tram leaves right outside the terminal, The railway station is easily recognizable from the pictures, the buses (615 is part of the public transportation, The Finnair Bus is a tad more expensive and quicker - no big difference) are clean and safe.

In general, Helsinki is really safe place to visit (avoid the beggars and so on, like anywhere else) and most of the young people speak English very well. Just ask if you need any help.

Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Finland
reviews: 46
4. Re: Travel from Olympia Terminal to Helsinki Airport

There's a reasonably good municipal web page on transportation; https://www.hsl.fi/en. It has a journey planner e.g. for travelling from Olympiaterminaali to the Airport. Adult single fare for regional transport is 5 € (kids 7-16 half fare) that ticket is valid on the tram and the 615 (or 620) airport bus. Tram stop in the harbour cannot be missed, the bus to the airport leaves from platform 3 right next to the railway station.

For other questions I'd suggest to open new topics.

Brisbane, Australia
5. Re: Travel from Olympia Terminal to Helsinki Airport

Thankyou so much Polarbearfin & Mrs MM77-I greatly appreciate your help.

Edited: 3:10 am, January 13, 2014
Reply to: Travel from Olympia Terminal to Helsinki Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted