We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

City Tourism Tax ?

Which Helsinki hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northampton...
reviews: 34
City Tourism Tax ?

Can anyone tell us about a city tourism tax in Helsinki? I have heard that this is based on the hotel rating, per person, per day. Any ideas are appreciated

Bangkok, Thailand
reviews: 90
1. Re: City Tourism Tax ?

Where do people 'hear' all these things? :-o

All your charges are visible in Finnish hotel bills when you check out, and I have never seen a "tourist tax" when I have stayed in a hotel in Helsinki. Anyway, if such a charge existed the hotels would have to include it in their advertised room rates.

No need to worry about it, the Helsinki hotels are expensive enough without any such extras.

Edited: 7:43 pm, July 08, 2013
Finland
reviews: 11
2. Re: City Tourism Tax ?

Some European countries do have a tourist tax, including e.g. Italy, France and Spain. Finnish hotel rates have no hidden extras.

Northampton...
reviews: 34
3. Re: City Tourism Tax ?

Thank you for very usefull information

4. Re: City Tourism Tax ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 11, 2014