We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip to tallin now, in march

Which Helsinki hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Burgos, Spain
day trip to tallin now, in march

hi all ,

i open this new post to ask if it is possible make a day trip to tallin from helsinki at the end of this week , now in march, i ask this because someone told me that now not its a good time to go because of the ice conditions, is it true?

thank you so much

rodrigo

Finland
reviews: 4
1. Re: day trip to tallin now, in march

Don't worry about the ice, there isn't any. The winter has been warmer than ever. Besides, ice or no ice, you can do it.

Helsinki
reviews: 11
2. Re: day trip to tallin now, in march

It is as Tummi said, there is no ice this year. There have been heavy winds though so to feel comfortable go for one of the big ships, for example Tallink Star which will take you to Tallin in two hours.

Burgos, Spain
3. Re: day trip to tallin now, in march

ok thank you so much for your replys.....

can i take one booat to tallin in the morning and then take another in the evening? for example i wouldlike to go from helsinki around 10 am and retourn around 8 pm , is it possible? where can i buy the tickets? and where i have to take the boat?

thank you so much

rodrigo

Helsinki
4. Re: day trip to tallin now, in march

Check out the timetables and other details here:

http://www.tallinksilja.com/en/

Burgos, Spain
5. Re: day trip to tallin now, in march

thank you so much for your replys....

is it possible book in advance? or i have to buy the tickets there? are there any problem to buy tickets? can you tell me where exactly i have to take the boat and buy the tickets? i have never been there before.

thanks a lot

rodrigo

Helsinki
6. Re: day trip to tallin now, in march

You can book the tickets in advance. The contact information can be found behind the link I provided.

The ship leaves from the Western Harbour, which is very close to the city centre and easily accessible either by tram or by foot.

Finland
reviews: 4
7. Re: day trip to tallin now, in march

...or easiest way to get to the harbour is the bus 15 or 15A. Goes 50 m away from the terminal.

8. Re: day trip to tallin now, in march

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, September 22, 2009