We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accom ideas in Helsinki

Which Helsinki hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cairns Australia
Accom ideas in Helsinki

Hi just wondering if anyone has any recommendations of where to stay in Helsinki. I will just be staying 2 nights with my partner and baby. I'd like to be central because we are only there for a short amount of time. We are on a bit of a budget, but I don't think we want to be in a hostel! Any ideas for clean, reasonably priced accom?

Philadelphia...
reviews: 3
1. Re: Accom ideas in Helsinki

Arthur Hotel. Very near train and bus station from airport. Easy-peasy walking to everything. Modern hotel very inexpensive. Highly reccommended. Finnish buffet breakfast included!

Helsinki, Finland
reviews: 39
2. Re: Accom ideas in Helsinki

Hotelli Helka is another good choice, in my opinion a bit better location, but everywhere in downtown is generally pretty safe (except Kaisaniemi park after dark).

Cairns Australia
3. Re: Accom ideas in Helsinki

THANKS for that! do you know if Hotel Helka has its own direct website?

Helsinki, Finland
4. Re: Accom ideas in Helsinki

Sorry for late answer, their website is www.helka.fi, it's in english.

Have a nice stay!

Cairns Australia
5. Re: Accom ideas in Helsinki

Can I also ask cause you've been really helpful...do you know if its possible to do a daytrip to Lapland? I've seen a trip that includes flights but it was really expensive. Is it possible to do by coach or is Lapland too far away for the day. Yes I want to visit Santa, got to do these things with having a child....well thats my excuse at anyway!

Cheers for you help!

Emma

Helsinki, Finland
6. Re: Accom ideas in Helsinki

Hi

Sorry, I haven't been reading this forum for a while.

Lappland is definitely too far away for a day trip. Even by plane I would stay there for at least for few days. Lappland is a huge area covering whole norther Finland.

You probably can find some discounted tickets to Rovaniemi with Finnair during summer www.finnair.com

Distance between Helsinki and Rovaniemi is over 800 km = over 500 miles.

Helsinki, Finland
reviews: 47
7. Re: Accom ideas in Helsinki

I do not agree with Tuuli. You can make a day-in day out trip to Rovaniemi, quite frankly there is not so much to see during summer.

What comes to flights, both Finnair and Blue1 operate to Rovaniemi.