We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

helsinki in May

Which Espoo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
helsinki in May

Hi! I plan to stay in Hotel Sello in Espoo during May 11-18, and need some help on the follg:

1. Best way to get to hotel from airport on May 11 afternoon (Sunday)

2. Things to see in Espoo

3. Things to see in Helsinki (interests are history, local culture, music, shopping)

4. How to get to Helsinki city centre from hotel Sello?

5. Good, cheap places to eat in Espoo and Helsinki

6. Concerts- where are they held? How can I get schedules? What sort of ticket prices?

Thanks a lot!

Finland
reviews: 4
1. Re: helsinki in May

1. You can get to Sello with the bus 540 (see timetable at http://aikataulut.ytv.fi/linjat/en/u540.html where Lentoasema means Airport and the stop where you'd be leaving is Leppävaara). Of course you can also take a bus to Helsinki and then take a train.

2. I wouldn't bother myself with that. Espoo is a place where people live. It's mostly a series of suburban areas. Sello is in one of several centres of Espoo called Leppävaara.

3. Just do a search on this forum, there's been a lot of discussion about the subject.

4. You can do it by train in about 10 minutes. The station is right next to the mall in which the hotel is situated.

5. There are some in the mall where the hotel is. Then again the better places are in Helsinki. Again, search the forum.

6. There is a concert hall in the Sello mall. See www.sellosali.fi. If there's nothing you can always get to Helsinki. Depending of what kind of music you like there's plenty and for a wide range of prices. I suggest you read helsinki.fi/en/index/taidejakulttuuri.html

Turku, Finland
reviews: 10
2. Re: helsinki in May

I agree with the earlier poster, Espoo is practically a suburb of Helsinki, even though it still is a city of its own, and the second largest in Finland. But when a person living in Espoo tells you he/she is going to the city, he/she is talking about Helsinki, it is the real city centre of the people in Espoo.

So forget about Espoo sightseeing.

But, it is not a bad place to stay in, and as said, it'll take 10min with the train from Leppävaara to Helsinki city centre.

3. Re: helsinki in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, September 24, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Espoo