We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rovaniemi in Christmas

Which Rovaniemi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
marsascala
Rovaniemi in Christmas

Hi , we're planning to arrive in Rovaniemi on the 27 th December staying till the 2nd Jan, will there be much to do in that area to spend so much days there apart from spending 3 days at Santa Claus Village. Tks for your help.

Rovaniemi, Finland
1. Re: Rovaniemi in Christmas

For sure you could. Especially with kids you could spend 2 maybe 3 days just checking the sights centre of Rovaniemi and visiting Santa at Santa Claus Village and SantaPark. Ounasvaara Ski Resort is great for beginners in downhill skiing and also offers some good tracks for experienced cross-country skiiers.

Biggest safari companies have their offices in Rovaniemi. There are some reindeer and husky farms nearby...

But coming this far I would still suggest you travel around a bit... :) Resorts like Levi and Luosto are just within a couple of hours. Luosto (and Pyhä) is smaller and maybe aimed for family- and sports-orientated people. Levi is more popular with younger people, more options for activities, restaurants, active night life etc.

And a great option for a daytrip outside Rovaniemi would be a cruise with Icebreaker Sampo in Kemi!

http://www.sampotours.com/english/timetable

It's a bit pricy, I've never been to one (still waiting for my free ticket) but I've met people who has been, and even all the Finns have been thrilled - and it's not easy to get a Finn excited!

It's high season, so book you accommodation well in advance. Prices are guaranteed to go up later you book.

Edited: 8:33 am, June 26, 2013
2. Re: Rovaniemi in Christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, June 28, 2014