We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should we go for day or stay

Which Lapland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
england
reviews: 28
Should we go for day or stay

I am looking for dec 2013 and are undecided whether to go for the day or stay for anything from 1 to 5 nights maybe even going for Xmas.

Although cost is a consideration this is something that we may only do once and probably the most important factor in my decision would be the meeting with Santa. I want this to be the most magical thing for the kids ideally a woodland setting even better if you go on a sleigh ride and discover his woodland retreat and obviously not being rushed. I can pretty much work round anything else but if we did stay would prefer a decent room with 4 beds ( no double sofa bed for the kids to share)Can anyone help? Is a day really long enough or would such young kids struggle to fill 2-3 days with. Also which tour operators, locations and hotels should I consider or rule out?

Stranraer, United...
reviews: 6
1. Re: Should we go for day or stay

stay stay stay!

A day trip is about £1600-1800 for 2 adults and 2 children.you can currently get 4 nights in Yllas with Thomsons for £2400. We're going to saariselka for 4 nights at £2675

Isle of Wight...
reviews: 18
2. Re: Should we go for day or stay

Hi, 1 day is definitely not long enough!

If you want time to experience everything Lapland has to offer you will need to stay for longer as there's so much to do.

You'll get some good advice from the Lapland experts but I imagine most will encourage you to come for longer than a day.

There's so much to choose from!

Goodluck

Arsy, France
reviews: 66
3. Re: Should we go for day or stay

dont go for a day !

inghams and crystalski do week long stays, you can have a hotel room or cabin with them, they will work out the cheapest option for a package deal from the uk

then you have the companies that give you all the extras in the price, such as activities abroad, espirit, cantabury etc

there are lots of companies to choose from and it all depends on your budget

good luck researching as its really important you do your research and read reviews - you wont find many of us hear recommending transun btw

england
4. Re: Should we go for day or stay

If we stay anyone any ideas where's best for the magical Santa in a woodland experience and places to eat ( not keen on a buffet as we're a little fussy) ?

Arsy, France
reviews: 66
5. Re: Should we go for day or stay

the main resorts are:

saariselka

ruka

yllas

levi

there are others but these are the main ones outside in the wild

first you need to decide on where you want to go as all will be able to give you what you want, if you are fussy eaters then go self catering as it will be cheaper and far easier, that way you can get your cabin in the woods too

Moraira, Spain
reviews: 48
6. Re: Should we go for day or stay

A week ski holidsy with inghams worked out much cheaper thsn a santa package or a daytrip even. I would never consider a day trip for that amoint of money its just not worth the rush.

england
7. Re: Should we go for day or stay

Where did you go for the ski holiday and did you get to see Santa?

Moraira, Spain
reviews: 48
8. Re: Should we go for day or stay

We went with Inghams to levi and did the ttip to Santa's secret hideaway which im told is not commercial like the ssnta village you can visit. There was no shops just s wslk down a candlelit path yo a couple of wooden cabins which you could do some atts snd crsfts in. The reindeer was outside and the elves were hsppy to chat snd play games with the children. Then in turn you got to walk down another path yo another log cabin where Santa's sat in his chair inside. We spent five mins eith him talking snd taking photos if the childrrn want thry can give him there Christmas list. It wasn't hurried and a lovely authentic place.

Stranraer, United...
reviews: 6
9. Re: Should we go for day or stay

we're going to saariselka with thomsons and each family gets a private meeting with santa in his cabin in the forest. we have booked s/c as also not fans of buffets/all inc type hols/queues/set meal times.

england
10. Re: Should we go for day or stay

Had a look on inghams and works out over 5000 for the 4 of us. How did you get it to work out cheaper than the shorter breaks?? Also any ideas on skiing we are all complete beginners and it mentions over 6's only. Can younger ones try it ?