We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer trip to Aland

Hong Kong, China
Summer trip to Aland

I am a seventeen-year-old from Hong Kong. I am planning a trip of about 16 people to Finland next summer. I have planned a few days to Helsinki and I'm thinking of going to Aland after that. Could anyone answer a few of my questions?

1. Which would be the best way for us to travel to Aland from Helsinki?

2. How many days do you think would be the most appropriate for us to stay? It would be good to have more sight-seeings and nature experiences (e.g. cycling among the islands, visiting farms etc.) instead of just relaxing and hanging around.

3. Would it be possible to hire a local guide for our trip so that we could visit the best sites on the islands?

4. Could you recommend the most interesting/beautiful places/activities in Aland?

Thank you!

Grace

1 reply
Oulu, Finland
Destination Expert
for Helsinki, Oulu, Lapland
reviews: 53
1. Re: Summer trip to Aland

The best and easiest option is to take Silja Line or Viking Line ferry from Helsinki to Mariehamn, the "capital" of Åland, the only drawback is the uncomfortable arrival time in the wee hours of the night. Another option is to take an early morning train to Turku Harbour and take the ferry (same companies) from there.

To all other questions you'll find answers at http://www.visitaland.com/en . A few days (3-4) will probably give you a good insight to the islands. The local travel agencies such as the Ålandsresor and Destination Åland can help you in the arrangements and build a ready made package including guiding services.

Reply to: Summer trip to Aland
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Aland Island
Recent Conversations