We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Metal concerts in Gothenberg in June 2014

Which Gothenburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Darwin, Australia
reviews: 6
Metal concerts in Gothenberg in June 2014

My son and I are trying to find out if the Metal music concerts in Gothenberg held each June are booked out way ahead. We are thinking of going in 2014 and am not sure if the accomodation is booked out way in advance. I would also like any recomendations for some sightseeing around the area as I am not sure I could handle 3 days of heavy metal.

Any help is appreciated as we are trying to coordinate travel to Norway and Finland in this trip as we are travelling all the way from Australia and the airfares are very expensive.

Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
reviews: 145
1. Re: Metal concerts in Gothenberg in June 2014

It's probably a good idea to book accomodation at least 6 moths ahead if you are particular about where you want to stay. You can stay at the camping site, nearby on Hisingen (there are a few good options) or in the city. If you want to go back into town at night it's probably best to rent a car.

For sightseeing Gothenburg you can see a lot by foot or you can take an open top sightseeing bus. A roundtrip on the Paddan sightseeing is a nice idea and I also recomend a trip on the commuter ferry Älvsnabben.

Darwin, Australia
reviews: 6
2. Re: Metal concerts in Gothenberg in June 2014

Thank you for the advice. I will now check out the details for the concert as I am not sure if there is age restrictions as with some metal concerts, my son is not yet 18 years old. We will be looking forward to time in Sweden and as we are going all the way to Sweden we will also visit Finnland and Norway. It is all a very long way from Australia.

Many thanks

3. Re: Metal concerts in Gothenberg in June 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 12, 2014