We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motel L - a good choice?

Which Stockholm hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Morecambe, United...
reviews: 36
Motel L - a good choice?

We like to visit a different European Capital City each year. I'm now planning for next year and am looking at a trip to Stockholm to tie in with running the city marathon (30/05/15). However, accommodation is looking particularly expensive, maybe due to the marathon or maybe prices are always high. Anyway when we're visiting a city all we really want from a hotel is somewhere comfortable to stay and conveniently located for getting out to the see the sights of the city. We often tend not to eat and drink in a hotel, but prefer to find places out and about. So facilities aren't too important to us, just a value for money option in a good location. Motel L certainly seems very competitively priced, but is it a good choice for us, bearing in mind we'll be spending most of our time out sightseeing. I noticed it's close to a tram stop but I've often found that trams aren't always the best choice of transport for tourists as they tend to go to local residential and business districts. What advice can anyone offer?

2 replies to this topic
Mjolby, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Stockholm, Sweden
reviews: 106
1. Re: Motel L - a good choice?

It's not the most central location. Located at the edge of a light industrial area and a residential area more or less. Reviews looks pretty good and it's almost brand new so in terms of accommodation I think you'll be fine.

Public transportation is really good in Stockholm so utilize it as much as you can. Yes, there will be loads of locals but they are generally very nice :-)

Stockholm
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
reviews: 370
2. Re: Motel L - a good choice?

Still it's close to Gullmarsplan (one stop) which is five stops from T-Centralen (city center) with the metro. You could easily walk the old bridge over to Södermalm for dinner in the evening.

Reply to: Motel L - a good choice?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted