We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 night visit 25th - 30th october

Which Stockholm hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Middlesex
reviews: 21
4 night visit 25th - 30th october

We are so excited about our visit. Having never visited Stockholm before I would just like to ask a couple of questions:

What is the best way to get to Hotel Skeppsholmen for two travellers? Is a taxi more expensive than getting the Arlanda Express?

What is the weather usually like at this time of year?

Are there any good restuarants near our hotel that aren't too expensive?

Is wine expensive?

Many thanks, June

Lund, Sweden
reviews: 1
1. Re: 4 night visit 25th - 30th october

What is the best way to get to Hotel Skeppsholmen for two travellers? Is a taxi more expensive than getting the Arlanda Express?

Taxi is probably best, BUT: make sure you get one with a fixed price. Different companies may charge different rates and it could be very much more expensive than you had thought otherwise.

An example of taxi prices: taxistockholm.se/en/… , i.e. 520 SEK from Arlanda to the city.

Arlanda Express charges 260 SEK / person, i.e. 520 SEK for the two of you, but then you still have the problem of getting from the station to the hotel. (https://www.arlandaexpress.com/fares.aspx)

Another alternative would be the airport coaches, "Flygbussarna", which normally are a better alternative than the Arlanda Express if money is an issue as they charge 100 SEK / person from the airport to the central station. Then of course you still need to get from there to the hotel...

What is the weather usually like at this time of year?

Normally this is not the best time of the year. The indian summer rarely extends into late October and it is too early for any snow to brighten things up a bit. The climate is found here: …allmetsat.com/klimat/… In short: Temperatures normally around 5-10° C, the sun rises around 7 am and sets around 4 pm

Are there any good restuarants near our hotel that aren't too expensive?

Pass, I don't know the Stockholm restaurants. Generally speaking, though you will get rather cheap "todays special" at lunchtime and a lot more expensive service during the evenings.

Is wine expensive?

In a restaurant, yes.

Edited: 4:37 pm, October 11, 2013
Middlesex
reviews: 21
2. Re: 4 night visit 25th - 30th october

Thank you very much for your help.

June

3. Re: 4 night visit 25th - 30th october

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 13, 2014