We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to travel from the Airport to Hotel at night time

Which Stockholm hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
reviews: 15
How to travel from the Airport to Hotel at night time

My flight would arrive ARN airport on 23:00 and I guess I can leave the airport after midnight. May I know what is the economic and safe way to go to the hotel in the City during that time. I travel with my family.

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Norrkoping
reviews: 29
1. Re: How to travel from the Airport to Hotel at night time

Well, going by the airport bus or the train will be perfectly safe, but with a family, arriving that late, I'd opt for a taxi (fixed price of about 520 SEK – check this page for taxi advice: visitstockholm.com/en/… ). Then you'll get directly to your hotel without paying much more than for alternate transport.

Stockholm, Sweden
reviews: 3
2. Re: How to travel from the Airport to Hotel at night time

Arlanda Express or buses are normally great options, but seeing as Arlanda Express in particular is very expensive per ticket you might be better off getting a taxi. They're always available outside the Airport exit. Will be about 500 SEK for one taxi.

in the southwest...
reviews: 21
3. Re: How to travel from the Airport to Hotel at night time

arlanda express is 280 kr on thursday, friday, saturday and sunday for two people to travel from arlanda to t-centralen (stockholm central). i've never found a taxi to be cheaper! also, it runs almost all night every 15 minutes. if you opt for a taxi, make sure you negotiate a price from the airport to town before you get in the cab!

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Norrkoping
reviews: 29
4. Re: How to travel from the Airport to Hotel at night time

@asatwice Well, if the hotel is within walking distance of the central station the Arlanda Express is the obvious choice, especially since children travels free with their parents. But if the hotel is further away, needing another transfer, a taxi is really a good choice after (I guess) a long trip, taking you directly to your hotel.

As mentioned several times on this forum, taking a taxi in Sweden, especially Stockholm, requires some carefulness.

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 15
5. Re: How to travel from the Airport to Hotel at night time

Thank you for your suggestion. I have booked Stockholm hostel. Is it good to take the arlanda express to the hotel? Is it 280kr for two adult and 1 child?

London
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
reviews: 22
6. Re: How to travel from the Airport to Hotel at night time

Yes, 280 for the entire family.

Take the metro blue westbound from central station. Only two stops to Fridhemsplan where your hostel is.

7. Re: How to travel from the Airport to Hotel at night time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 17, 2014