We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Half day side trip?

Which Stockholm hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
reviews: 108
Half day side trip?

I will be spending two full days sightseeing around Stockholm before traveling to the Skinnskatteberg area for a tour. My tour there will end late morning on a Sunday and I fly out of Arlanda airport on Monday morning. Instead of returning to the center of Stockholm on that Sunday, I was considering going to Uppsala since I've heard it mentioned as a good side trip and it is also relatively close to the airport. Would Uppsala be a good destination for a half-day? Is it easy enough to get to and worth seeing? I am also open to any other suggestions on what to do with this remaining half day.

Stockholm, Sweden
reviews: 74
1. Re: Half day side trip?

Uppsala is easy to get to from Arlanda, there are trains.

And it could be worth the trip.

But another half day in Stockholm, on the other hand, could also be worth it.

And you could also, for example, go to Sigtuna, which is a little historic town about 30 - 45 minutes bus ride from Arlanda.

2. Re: Half day side trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 11, 2014