We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short Break in Early September

Which Stockholm hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Essex, UK
reviews: 3
Short Break in Early September

Travelling to Stockholm on 5 September until afternoon of Sunday 7th. Flights booked with SAS from London City and Hotel arranged as First Hotel Reisen which I understand is good? Arriving in Stockholm around 1.00 p.m. on Friday and wonder where we should go on that day not really got a clue! Saturday is a special day being our Wedding Anniversary. However my husband is running the Stockholm Half-Marathon which starts at 4.30 pm. - he aims to complete in around 1 hour 40 minutes so we are looking for something easy to do in the morning before going to the race start.

The big question is after the race - we would love to have a special meal somewhere to celebrate, budget reasonable but not too expensive! We live in Wiltshire and work in London so would appreciate suggestions based on London prices so that we have a good comparison.

We have to be at the airport for a 4.30 p.m. flight on the Sunday so again wonder what might be a good use of our time from breakfast until then.

All help and suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Thanks

london
reviews: 1
1. Re: Short Break in Early September

You Hotel is in a very good loaction just next door to the Old Town, walk around there and take it all in, its lovely!! You can visit Skansen, www.skansen.se or take a short boat trip to one of the thousands of islands in teh archipelago, check out www.waxhomlsbolaget.se

Almost next door to the Old Town and your Hotel is The Royal Palace, you can do guided tours there!

Almost next door to Skansen you will find Vasamuseet, very famous museum! Worth a visit! While there you can stroll around the area called Djurgarden, the Royal Park!

Restaurants: Grill, F12, Pontus By The Sea, Le Rouge, Lux, Cafe Opera and plenty more

check out www.stockholm-eating.com

Enjoy!

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 12
2. Re: Short Break in Early September

How about on the morning of the marathon taking a guided boat trip around Stockholm.

There are lots of boat trips that leave from near the Grand Hotel. We got a 1.5 hour trip around the city on a taxi boat . It was lovely and might be just the thing to do on the day of the marathon.

I would allow yourself at least 1.5 hours to see the Vasa Museum. It is open from 10 am to 5 pm in Sept so perhaps you could choose to see it on the Saturday or Sunday. It really is a must see like the other poster said.

On the day you arrive (friday)I would suggest exploring the old town and perhaps going to the folk park Skansen as it will be open until 8pm.

There are some excellent museums in Stockholm including The Money Museum, The National Art Museum, Modern Art Museum and apparently there is a new ABBA museum that has opened since I was there.

3. Re: Short Break in Early September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, September 27, 2009