We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Kiruna to Jukkasjärvi on Christmas Day

Which Kiruna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk - midlandss
reviews: 11
Travel from Kiruna to Jukkasjärvi on Christmas Day

Hello All,

I wonder if anyone can help :) I need to travel between Kiruna Centre ( where my accommodation is for a few nights) and Jukkasjärvi on Christmas Morning for my overnight stay in the Icehotel, does anyone know if buses are running this route on this day - this website suggests not http://www.ltnbd.se/?iso=en... Do you think it would be easy to get a taxi there given it's Christmas Day, and would anyone happen to know a rough cost if so?

Thanks so much in advance!

Kristen

2 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
1. Re: Travel from Kiruna to Jukkasjärvi on Christmas Day

Hi Kristen,

What a coincidence as we had the same issue ourselves planning our trip for next week. As you mentioned the bus will not drive on christmasday as I have been told by the bus company via email. The website of the Kiruna taxi company states that the fare for the trip is 450SEK which made us decide to rent a car for the duration of our stay. Depending on the type of car that the nice people of Avis are going to give us we should have room left. So, a drink at the bar of the Icehotel will get you a private taxi if you like ;)

greetings,

Rob

uk - midlandss
reviews: 11
2. Re: Travel from Kiruna to Jukkasjärvi on Christmas Day

Hi Rob,

What a coincidence :) A 'private taxi' :) would be absolutely fab, in return for icebar 'liquid refreshment' of course! Myself and my husband are in kiruna for three nights prior to Christmas Day, staying at 68 degrees b&b so I'll have wifi and maybe then we can organise meeting up?

Thanks so much for the offer and I hope you have a great trip!

Kristen

Reply to: Travel from Kiruna to Jukkasjärvi on Christmas Day
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted