We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay in Copenhagen - elderly parents

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 5
where to stay in Copenhagen - elderly parents

Hi all,

I'm travelling to Copenhagen with my elderley parents in a month and we are looking for a place to stay that's relatively central. (My father can't walk very far)

We are only going for a few days, and I was planning to stay near Rosenborg castle, as I'm sure we will spend a day there. could anyone let me know how far this is from the centre of town and other sites? i'm finding it hard to get my bearings or get a sense of how long it takes to get around. we are looking to find somewhere for lunch, we'll probably cook dinner for ourselves.

many thanks,

Vicki

2 replies to this topic
Copenhagen Denmark
Destination Expert
for Copenhagen
reviews: 87
1. Re: where to stay in Copenhagen - elderly parents

hello - you mention that you will cook your own dinners, so I assume that you are looking for a flat to rent and not a hotel?

Rosenborg castle is in city center.

uk
reviews: 74
2. Re: where to stay in Copenhagen - elderly parents

Copenhagen is a pretty compact city, most of the site as within walking distance for able bodied people.

Rosenborg Slot is in the city centre, the Gothersgade side of the park is more central to the city.

Use google maps for walking directions to give you approximate distances from your accomodation to the sites your interested in.

For example Rosenborg Slot to Nyhavn is c.1.5km and to Tivoli is less than 2km.

As you mention cooking, I assume you're looking for a rental apartment, have you checked out airbnb.com? If you filter by IndreBy you'll find places in the city centre.

Reply to: where to stay in Copenhagen - elderly parents
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Copenhagen