We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Copenhagen December 5 to December 12

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
reviews: 1
Copenhagen December 5 to December 12

Before I book a flight I just want to check if there's any reason it wouldn't be advisable to visit Copenhagen at this time?

I did some reasearch on the weather and I know it's not ideal but I'm fine that (it's not like I choose Copenhagen because I want to get a sun tan anyway).

My only concern, that I can think of, is if there is perhaps some big event, Christmas festival or whatever that would make it really hard to find decent cheap hotels.

Do you think I could "wing it" so to speak with hotels this week or would it be best to make reservations. The reason I'd like to not make reservations is I intend to make a side trip or two and would like to be open if I want to stay out of the city for a day or two.

Thank you,

3 replies to this topic
Copenhagen, Denmark
reviews: 59
1. Re: Copenhagen December 5 to December 12

To my knowledge there shouldn´t be any events making hotel bookings difficult.

I you want to book now, compare prices for different months in order to ensure a comparatively reasonable price.

A good deal of hotels may not have their booking option ready so early.

Also, I´d be sure to book with a possibility for changing or cancelling the dates.

Edited: 1:32 pm, March 11, 2014
Boston...
2. Re: Copenhagen December 5 to December 12

Thank you, joen.

Sounds good. I know it's early and things can be added but I googled also and didn't see anything that looked big scheduled for then either.

Just Christmas Flea Market and "major badminton tournaments". Both of which sound pretty cool to be able to see but not a big enough deal to blowout all the hotels or jack up their price.

Good point about looking up the cancelation policy. I'm sure I'll work this out.....I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something major.

I'm sure I'll be back with more questions once I book the flight. I've always wanted to go to Copenhagen (not exactly sure why) and pretty excited it's starting to look like a reality.

Ballerup, Denmark
3. Re: Copenhagen December 5 to December 12

Since you're there for a whole week, you could also consider renting something via airbnb instead of a hotel room. Might not be as flexible, but should be quite a bit cheaper, so it doesn't matter if you're gone a day.

Reply to: Copenhagen December 5 to December 12
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Copenhagen