We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Bornholm

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Marlton, New Jersey
reviews: 509
Day trip to Bornholm

Does anyone know of a company that is doing a day trip to Bornholm from Copenhagen? Bornholm Express is not doing it this year. Also is Dragor a nice historical town to go to or bicycle in? Thank you.

Copenhagen, Denmark
reviews: 92
1. Re: Day trip to Bornholm

Try to google "endagstur til Bornholm".

Dragør is nice!

Marlton, New Jersey
2. Re: Day trip to Bornholm

Thank you!

reviews: 57
3. Re: Day trip to Bornholm

Bornholm by ferry is an eight hour trip, not really something I would do in just one day. Spend a weekend if you can.

Edited: 9:33 am, January 30, 2014
Aluthgama, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
4. Re: Day trip to Bornholm

That depends on which ferry you take.

Hans

Copenhagen, Denmark
reviews: 60
5. Re: Day trip to Bornholm

A typical jurney Copenhagen - Rønne on Bornholm takes 3 - 3 1/2 hours, using the Ystad ferry. Whereas the ferries from Køge to Rønne take much longer.

Concerning Dragør, the bicycle trip out there isn´t tht pretty, but on the way Christianshavn is worth exploring on a bike, but with a good deal of cobbled streets.

Dragør is definitely worth a stroll. There are two museums in the village, and the one immediately by the harbour is cute. Some nice shops and eating places, and lots of photogenic lanes. Very subdued out of season, however.

Edited: 3:51 am, February 01, 2014
reviews: 6
6. Re: Day trip to Bornholm

Bornholm has some nice landscapes a villages , but you have to go by bus for another hour outside the harbour City Roenne to get to the nicest places. It is not really suitable for a one day visit unless it is planned by a Tour operator with a bus taking you eficiantly to the best spots.

Use a weekend and Explore the Island, Hammer ,Svaneke, Dueodde and perhaps Christians Island.

Marlton, New Jersey
7. Re: Day trip to Bornholm

Thank you. There were two companies that did one day 14 hour trips to Bornholm that did nice trips with tours and lunch. We had planned to do one of them. Unfortunately neither is doing it next year. I have not found another company yet that does a tour so I am looking into alternatives and Dragor is one of them. Not sure how to work it out yet.

Our original plan was that we were going to head back to Copenhagen and the next day do the day trip to Bornholm. One choice us that we can take the train back to Copenhagen to do a day trip to Dragor. Second option is to go from Legoland to Aarhus to see the Old Town and then head to Copenhagen . Third choice is find an alternate company who does a tour of Bornholm. I am not sure what to do

Marlton, New Jersey
8. Re: Day trip to Bornholm

I meant to say doing it this summer not next year

Copenhagen, Denmark
reviews: 60
9. Re: Day trip to Bornholm

For Borholm, perhaps ask at the main tourist office there regarding tours http://www.bornholm.info/en

but a little later, closer to the season, when things start to get organized completely.

As said, Dragør is nice. Public transport out there is 30 - 45 mins from Copenhagen centre, about 1 hour of bike riding. Dragør sights are more for a half-day excursion, than a whole day, but there are some relaxed eating places too, and if you include Christianshavn, you can fill out a whole day :-).

Edited: 1:56 am, February 13, 2014
Marlton, New Jersey
10. Re: Day trip to Bornholm

Thank you very much for all your replies.