We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Credit card PIN numbers in Copenhagen

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 79
Credit card PIN numbers in Copenhagen

I recently read something in one of the forums about needing PIN numbers for any credit card you use in Copenhagen. I do have a PIN number for my ATM card but not for my credit cards...is this likely to be a problem?

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 84
1. Re: Credit card PIN numbers in Copenhagen

I did had some problem in Amsterdam requiring pin numbers for credit card transaction but not sure about in Copenhagen. Might be european countries have this as added security. Guess best solution is get the pin from your home country so can minimise hassle when you travel there

Los Angeles
reviews: 17
2. Re: Credit card PIN numbers in Copenhagen

We used both chip/sign and swipe/sign cards in Copenhagen this sunmer with no problem. The only time you may encounter an issue is with stand alone kisoks with no attendant.

3. Re: Credit card PIN numbers in Copenhagen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 18, 2014