We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Busking in Copenhagen

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Napoli
reviews: 15
Busking in Copenhagen

Is it possible to busk in Copenhagen? If so, where? Do you need a license? If so, how can you get it?

Please give me more information about it, I would love to see this city and be able to afford it my artistic way!

Aluthgama, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
1. Re: Busking in Copenhagen

I believe you need a permission from the police.

Hans

Copenhagen, Denmark
reviews: 60
2. Re: Busking in Copenhagen

A set of rules from 2010: (p.8)

https://subsite.kk.dk/Nyheder/2009/April/~/media/9856BEFC2DF3405EAA7B94C4D736A8D6.ashx

kk.dk/da/…gadeoptraeden

Insert link in your browser.

I´d recommend contacting them ("Gadeoptræden"=Street Performance; Kontakt:: "Kontakt, Erhvervsservice", since changes of rules and policies occur frequently in the city.

Edited: 1:33 am, June 30, 2013
Napoli
reviews: 15
3. Re: Busking in Copenhagen

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply, it is very useful!

Copenhagen, Denmark
4. Re: Busking in Copenhagen

Don't go there. Especially now. There is state vacation now and all Danes are away. Besides the law changed and police chases buskers. They are allowed to play only 5-8pm and not allowed to collect money at all because Danish law considers it begging=illegal.

Even the old buskers of Copenhagen say that something have changed this year. It is the crisis - some say.

5. Re: Busking in Copenhagen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 27, 2014