We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Groceries in Copenhagen

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Reading, Berks
reviews: 5
Groceries in Copenhagen

We are doing a rather long train trip next year. I need to make up a picnic for 15 people, it needs to last over 24 hours on the train up to Bodo in Norway. We get into Copenhagen at 10:00 and leave at 13:46.

I have two options it seems

1. go to Meyers deli, and then go on to Irma on Norreport. We could get a boat bus up to Nyhavn to start and this would constitute a lightening view of the city as well.

2. still do the above circuit but without the shopping, then nip off to Værnedamsvej where there seems to be enough places to get what I want, and I'm sure a lot cheaper than Meyers. (actually we might do that first and drop all the bags in the station lockers before dashing round the city)

I need this bacon fat spread, bedstormersfet or something, and then a range of meats, cheeses, breads, pastries (of course), fruits, salads, juices.

Is Værnedamsvej a good shopping street where I can get all of the above?, it looks it on google street view, is there anywhere like it east of the station in the main city ?.

Copenhagen, Denmark
reviews: 12
11. Re: Groceries in Copenhagen

A ticket is good for one hour (usually you get more like 75 minutes but look at time stamp) of unlimited travel and transfer in the zones it's valid for.

So if you can plan your trip so that you have boarded the last means of transportation before the time is up, you are good.

The same principle apply to clips on a clipcard.

Reading, Berks
12. Re: Groceries in Copenhagen

rock n roll.

and thanks again for notifying me of the new market. I did research this about a year ago and it had only just opened and nobody had heard of it I guess. It's purpose built for people like me isnt it.

We are doing this FYI,

http://gcerc.wordpress.com/

Copenhagen, Denmark
reviews: 12
13. Re: Groceries in Copenhagen

What an amazing trip you have planned - hope everybody has a great time.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, New South Wales, Cruises
reviews: 114
14. Re: Groceries in Copenhagen

Wow !!

What a wonderfully mad idea !!

A lot of planning but I'm sure it will pay off amazingly

Reading, Berks
15. Re: Groceries in Copenhagen

there is a level of planning that you can do these days which was simply impossible even 10 years ago. I know we all laugh from time to time at some of the whinging complaints people make in their reviews of places, but TA in particular has really changed budget travelling, especially for groups where you have to think in advance. so thanks everyone.

We have a professional scribe, and a pro photographer also in the gang, so we should end up with a reasonable show and tell both during and after.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, New South Wales, Cruises
reviews: 114
16. Re: Groceries in Copenhagen

I agree ...TA does have a lot to offer people planning a trip ... had I known in 2003 /4, it could have saved me thousands of dollars ! Now I wouldn't dream of going anywhere without seeking advice from various forums.

Speaking of which, have you posted on TA's Train Forum ?

You may be inundated with suggestions - I'm sure you could handle that - but I bet a lot of them would love to read your "blog" that you posted above.

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowForum-g1-i12483-Train…

17. Re: Groceries in Copenhagen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 02, 2013