We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airbnb

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
reviews: 7
Airbnb

Hi,

I've booked through a room in Copenhagen through Airbnb.com. The money has been charged to my credit card but the person whom I'm supposed to be staying with has not replied to my correspondence (i.e. not given their full address).

Has anyone booked with this online company? If so, are they reliable? The place I'm supposed to be staying in has been listed as Amager Ost and Hovedstaden 2300. Are these places in existence or have I just signed up to a scam?

Please advise.

Many thanks,

PC

34 replies to this topic
denmark
reviews: 3
1. Re: Airbnb

I have been looking through the sides and I think - but don`t know if it will be ok. All the adresses do excist, but it seems to be pretty cheep to rent.

The official side in dk. where you can find similer is

online.citybreak.com/Search/Search6.aspx…

Let us know how things works out for you.

Kirsten

Ireland
reviews: 7
2. Re: Airbnb

Hi,

Good news to report. Airbnb.com exists. Arrived at the accommodation and it seems fine so far.

Thanks very much.

3. Re: Airbnb

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 pm, October 02, 2011

denmark
4. Re: Airbnb

mschaecher

I´m going to try Airbnb for my next trip to South Korea. Found some really good hosts.

Hopefully it will work for me as well?

Kirsten

New York
reviews: 14
5. Re: Airbnb

I've used airbnb as a guest and found it works really well. The key is to have lots of communicatino with the host, ask lots of questions, read the reviews from prior guests, and then go with your gut!

Los Angeles...
6. Re: Airbnb

Hi

İ have used airbnb in istanbul and hey ....it was great !!!!

mark johnsen

Los Angeles...
7. Re: Airbnb

well i have used airbnb and worked like magic! but check out the host

Tarifa
reviews: 48
8. Re: Airbnb

We are seniors who will be in Istanbul 31 Mar - 14 Apr. We are hesitant about booking in that city and wonder if you could give us the name and telephone number of the person you rented from because we would feel much more secure dealing with a known entity. You can contact us direct at Waynejohnb1234@yahoo.ca. Thank you, Wayne

pa.
reviews: 1
9. Re: Airbnb

Was thinking of renting a place in 2012 near Piccadily Circus through a person called Tizzy. When I went in to book it, it wanted all the money at one time. Are all your properties like this. Seems kind of strange. Has anyone had dealings with renting property this way?

Cambridge, MA
10. Re: Airbnb

To the Copenhagen traveler -- planning to use Airbnb there myself -- did it all work out for you? Any advice?

Reply to: Airbnb
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted