We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

are three days too much for copenhagen

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
reviews: 19
are three days too much for copenhagen

i'm looking to arrive late friday night, and depart the following monday evening. so effectively, i will have almost three whole days in copenhagen. i am wondering anyone could advise if this is too much time to be spending in copenhagen, and i should instead consider leaving on sunday evening - so i have only two days. after all, accommodation is not that cheap in copenhagen, so i would like to avoid paying for an extra night's if it isn't that worthwhile.

thanks in advance.

p.s. i reckon it should be quite safe for a female to travel alone in copenhagen. but what about getting from the airport to the town centre after ten pm in july?

Aalborg
1. Re: are three days too much for copenhagen

Depending on your interests I beleive that there is plenty to experience in Copenhagen.

I would consider it safe for a single female to travel through Copenhagen, all though you might want to avoid some places - like Nørrebro - at late evening time.

Getting from the airport to central Copenhagen should not be a problem at any hour. You take the metro or the ordinary railroad to "Hovedbanegården".

Hope you have a nice stay.

Tommy.

Havana, Cuba
2. Re: are three days too much for copenhagen

I have to say that 99% of all copenhageners consider Nørrebro to be perfectly safe, even late at night.

People in other parts of Denmark tend to have a wrong image of Nørrebro due to a handfull of nightly riots spread out over the last 10 years.

But this does not have much to do with your question.

I think Copenhagen is worth much more than three days and that most tourists - interests aside - could easily fill up three days in Copenhagen. Trainride from the airport to the city center is perfectly safe for everybody, including single females.

Copenhagen Denmark
Destination Expert
for Copenhagen
reviews: 89
3. Re: are three days too much for copenhagen

I agree with Tomas, most of my friends live at Nørrebro and I have always felt safe here.

I also agree that you can easily fill up three days in Copenhagen, no matter what your interests are there should be plenty for you to do and see here.

katrine

Minnesota
reviews: 4
4. Re: are three days too much for copenhagen

We spend a full week in Copenhagen every year and we alway run out of time. It is my favorite city!

Los Angeles
reviews: 28
5. Re: are three days too much for copenhagen

3 days too much!? I'd say it's too little :)

I felt VERY safe in Copenhagen, even though my hotel was allegedly "in the red light district" - no need to worry about anything, I can't imagine feeling more safe in a place and I was out after dark and had to leave for the train station before sunrise and still had no concerns at all.

Scotland
6. Re: are three days too much for copenhagen

I've never felt unsafe in Copenhagen, no matter the location or time of day. The Metro and train run directly from the airport into town, so transport is basically a non-issue and it's clean, fast and safe. Just use your common sense in terms of not stumbling around drunk, avoiding poorly lit areas after dark and not flashing expensive items or large wads of cash.

I actually would go for three days. I think you could spend weeks here and still not get to see all the good stuff. There are so many great museums, historic sites and neighbourhoods to explore in and around Copenhagen that's it not place that you can really "do" in a day or two.

Remember also that even in July, many tourist sites are only open 10/11am to 5 or 6pm. Plus, even with more 'shopping sundays' in the summer, not all stores will be open Sundays, and those that are will generally be open only noon-4pm.

I'd go for the three days. That gives you a day to walk around, a day for inside stuff and a day to explore outside of Copenhagen. And some flexibility if the weather doesn't cooperate one of the days.

Kate

7. Re: are three days too much for copenhagen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, September 25, 2009