We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

traveling to Nakskov for the first time

Which Nakskov hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lufkin, Texas
traveling to Nakskov for the first time

I am to Nakskov for the first time,actually traveling overseas for the first time,is there anything i need to know like do i need to carry an electric adapter for my netbook,which trains go from Copenhagen to Nakskov, i tried the website but do not speak the language, and what are the times. I am going in first week of September. I have flights, hotel reservations and getting passport ready just now have to figure out the little things while i have time. I am going for leisure, any help would be great. Many thanks, Anna

Copenhagen, Denmark
reviews: 59
1. Re: traveling to Nakskov for the first time

Use the website www.rejseplanen.dk and select the English language for travel planning.

As regards the adaptor, contact the place you are staying for details;

but it is better to buy specialized equipment even before arriving in a (relatively) provincial town, I think. Shops in Denmark are usually well-equipped, but specialized items might be comparatively expensive. Some hotels rent out adaptors also.

It is always a good idea to contact the local tourist office as regards sights, it can make a stay much more interesting to know the little local places. It´s called Nakskov Turistbureau and situated at Axeltorv Square no.3. It might be a good idea to make a few excusions, perhaps to rent or borrow a bicycle to explore a bit of the countryside. Longer excursions could include the islands of Møn, or Funen or (nice, but less spectacular), Langeland. There is a large and rather famous outdoor zoo called Knuthenborg Safari Park not so far from Nakskov.

If possible, a stay in the Copenhagen area will provide of course many addittional possibilities for sightseeing.

Edited: 3:05 am, June 09, 2010
Copenhagen, Denmark
reviews: 59
2. Re: traveling to Nakskov for the first time

Oh yes, forgot to mention a local tourist website on the Lolland-Falster islands:

http://www.visitlolland-falster.com/

Regards, Joen

3. Re: traveling to Nakskov for the first time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:26 am, December 07, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Nakskov