We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does DFDS cusomer service exist?

Which Esbjerg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hofn, Iceland
reviews: 127
Does DFDS cusomer service exist?

In early November, we tried to book a return Harwich-Esbjerg ferry crossing with DFDS. The website failed to complete the booking so I had to phone them. The telesales person ASSURED me that my credit card had not been charged duing the abortive web booking.

Weeks later I discover my statement, lo and behold, my credit card **has** been charged twice (£1400).

We phoned up DFDS who insist that they cannot discuss this on the phone but I have to scan my credit card details and send it by email. Which I did.

That was two weeks ago, and although I received an automated acknowledgement email, there has been absolute silence from DFDS ever since. I have now e-mailed them four times over the last two weeks.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do next, as this is a substantial sum of money.

3 replies to this topic
Aluthgama, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
1. Re: Does DFDS cusomer service exist?

Did you dispute the charge through your bank/card issuer?

Hans

Copenhagen, Denmark
reviews: 60
2. Re: Does DFDS cusomer service exist?

Don´t know if this will help, but have you been using the contact details on the English website concerning Esbjerg - Harwich ?

The Danish website includes references to their main office ("Hovedkontor"):

www.dfdsseaways.dk/kundeservice/kontakt-os/#

it has on-line chat option as well.

Edited: 4:56 am, December 22, 2012
Hofn, Iceland
reviews: 127
3. Re: Does DFDS cusomer service exist?

Finally got a refund after jumping through hoops to prove that they had charged me twice.

Shocking really.

Reply to: Does DFDS cusomer service exist?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Esbjerg