We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can DSB rail ticket cover bus fee from Vejle to Legoland?

Which Billund hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
Can DSB rail ticket cover bus fee from Vejle to Legoland?

Search via DSB website for the train from Copenhagen to Lego land, it says that covering DSB ticket here (Vejle) - - original sentence is Dækker DSB billetten her ? .... with this "?", I am not sure does the ticket cover the bus fee from Vejle to Legoland, which is operated by Sydtrafik.

Vice versa, if going back from Legoland to Copenhagen / CPH airport, after paying the bus fee DKK 58.00, will it be reduced when buying train ticket at Vejle??

** I am holding a Eurail Scandinavia Pass. Suppose it is free of getting on the train. In this case, do I need to pay the bus fee?

When I search the ticket in the website, there is an item - Standard plads (room), 1stk DKK 30.00. What is it? Is it necessary to pay? If I buy on the train station, can I avoid this charge?

Edited: 11:48 pm, November 02, 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
reviews: 12
1. Re: Can DSB rail ticket cover bus fee from Vejle to Legoland?

No, you can't buy a ticket online from Copenhagen to Legoland - or return. You can only buy the train ticket between Copenhagen and Vejle - and then you have to buy the busticket as you board the bus.

Same with a Eurail Pass - it will cover the train part of the journey but not the part travelled by bus.

The 30 kr fee is for a reserved seat on the train - on some connections - friday afternoon they are essential or you could end up having to stand up for the whole journey. And they are not covered by the Eurail Pass.

As someone else have pointed out - Eurail Pass is not considered a good deal.

The train travel forum can help you decide:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12483-Train_Tr…

And this is also a great site for information about train travel: http://www.seat61.com/

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
2. Re: Can DSB rail ticket cover bus fee from Vejle to Legoland?

But do show your train ticket to the busdriver as it covers the first zone so your bus ticket will be slightly cheaper.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
3. Re: Can DSB rail ticket cover bus fee from Vejle to Legoland?

Have you done that successfully?

Hans

Edinburgh, United...
4. Re: Can DSB rail ticket cover bus fee from Vejle to Legoland?

Yep, plenty of times, both on that and other routes.

Hong Kong, China
5. Re: Can DSB rail ticket cover bus fee from Vejle to Legoland?

So, you mean the train ticket can cover first zone, which I should pay the rest of 5 zones - kr 48.00 (Vejle to Legoland is 6 zone).

Also, if I leave legoland, should I pay the full price of 6 zones, and no kr 10.00 reduction because no train ticket on hand?

Alternatively, if I hold a return train ticket, can I have the discount when showing it to the bus driver?

Edinburgh, United...
6. Re: Can DSB rail ticket cover bus fee from Vejle to Legoland?

I think the train ticket might even cover two zones though I'm not sure. Can't remmber the exact reduction I had the last time I took the bus from Vejle to the airport. In any case, just show your train ticket to the driver. Note that it doesn't work for train tickets you have printed yourself from home.

It should work the other way as well if you have purchased your train ticket in advance and have it in hand when you board the bus (it does for city busses in major Danish cities anyway).

7. Re: Can DSB rail ticket cover bus fee from Vejle to Legoland?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, November 09, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Billund