We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to aarhus

Which Aarhus hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
reviews: 10
First time to aarhus

Hi again,

Can you tell me what is in the area of Ivar Huitfeldts Gade. I am hoping to stay in this area during my stay. Are there shops,resturants,bars nearby?Also we will be going to the Northside festival...is this within walking distance?

As we have not been to Aarhus before we would like to see as much as possible..is the forest/beach ares far from our location?

Thankyou again for your help.

Denmark
reviews: 12
1. Re: First time to aarhus

You will pretty much be in the wrong side of Aarhus if you want to be nearby the Northside Festival.

From Ivar Huitfeldt Gade and to the festival is a approx. 5 km walk. And it is 2.5 km from the city center, where you find most shop, bars and restaurants. But you have a Little forrest and the Beach nearby.

Is there any particular reason, why you have chosen Ivar Huitfeldts Gade as your place to stay?

uk
2. Re: First time to aarhus

Thanks for your response Lisbeth_Friis! I really dont know the area at all and had been looking at renting an apartment in the area of Ivar Huifeldt Gade.Having read your response though I feel that I should continue the search for accomadation and try find somewhere more central.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
3. Re: First time to aarhus

Ivar Huitfeldts Gade is in an area called Trøjborg, which is a very nice and popular area. Lots of cafes, bars and restaurants around. As Lisbeth says, it's a short walk from the city centre and a bit further from Northside but still what I'd consider walking distance.

Edited: 9:16 am, February 13, 2013
uk
4. Re: First time to aarhus

Thankyou Lexexpress...how long do you think it would take to wak to the city centre from Ivar Huitfeldts gade?

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
5. Re: First time to aarhus

Approx. 30-40 mins.

Hans

6. Re: First time to aarhus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 16, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Aarhus