We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Fåborg

Which Odense hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
reviews: 2
Trip to Fåborg

My family will be in Denmark this summer, based in Copenhagen. We need to make a quick trip to Fåborg, though, for a 3-hour appointment. It will be our first visit to Funen so I wondered, what else we should see while we're in the area, aside from the HC Andersen museum in Odense and perhaps Egeskov Castle? We will be traveling by train and will have a 7- and a 3-year old in tow. We could spend 2-3 days in the area.

Should we base ourselves in Fåborg, Odense, or somewhere else? Are there any particularly charming, child-friendly accommodations you would recommend?

Thank you in advance.

2 replies to this topic
Copenhagen, Denmark
reviews: 59
1. Re: Trip to Fåborg

I´d consider either Faaborg or Svendborg, both cozy towns.

Faaborg is a pleasant place to stay. There´s an old town area and also an interesting little local art collection definitely worth checking out, Faaborg Museum. Egeskov is 30mins from there by bus

www.rejseplanen.dk for schedules in general

general information: visitfaaborgmidtfyn.com/ln-int/faaborg/visit…

beaches: faaborgmidtfyn.dk/borger/…

Ferries to Ærø http://www.aeroe-ferry.dk/

Svendborg is somewhat bigger and livelier:

visitsvendborg.com/ln-int/…visitsydfyn

Other sights/possibilities: if you have the ressources & time, consider Ærøskøbing on Ærø island.

Ærø: http://www.aeroe.dk/tourist-on-aeroe.aspx

Edited: 10:28 am, February 21, 2013
Faaborg
2. Re: Trip to Fåborg

I live in Faaborg. Its a small town, but its easy to get around. You have a seaview all over the place. Visit the jailmuseum, funny for children. Tale a trip with the ferries to the three small Islands in the fjord. You can walk Bjørnø in a few hours, buy an icecream and make a swim. Avernakø and Lyø are bigger, so rent bikes in Faaborg. You can rent cayacs as well. The water here is not very deep. Some times a day you can walk through the water to a very small Island Called Svelmø.

Buy smoked fisk at the harbour, the bakershop at Svendborgvej is famous. Buy fantastic chocolate in Vester Åby.

the city is not far from Svendborg, where the shopping is quite good, Odense which is quilte boring, and you can take the ferry to Ærø. Ærø is so beautiful during the summer. Rent bikes or og go by bus, which is free. Take a trip one evening with the old ships. I hope the weather Will by beter this year.

Reply to: Trip to Fåborg
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Odense