We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

honey moon destination!

Which Skopelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Guildford, United...
reviews: 7
honey moon destination!

We are planing a honeymoon for this year,but struggling to find a destination that is not too far from the UK, is not too expensive and most importantly is not overcrowded with tourists.This is difficult as our wedding is in August!

I read that Skopelos is still quite quiet and not too built up,what are your opinions?

Also I was wondering if it will be really too hot there at this time of year?

Any information would be a great help!

Roma
reviews: 35
1. Re: honey moon destination!

Hi becrew!

I stayed in Skopelos in August and I think that this place is for you!

Skopelos isn't still a too touristy place, very green and not to much hot. There are a lot of beaches with very few people, romantic places and very good greek tavernas!

You could also visit the near Alonissos, still less touristy and very wildest of Skopelos.

Guildford, United...
2. Re: honey moon destination!

That sounds really good, I'll also look at Alonissos now!

Thank you

London, United...
reviews: 5
3. Re: honey moon destination!

I think Skopelos would be great but for a wedding Alonissos would be quieter. We were also thinking of getting married in Skopelos after a fabulous time there last year. I think August may be busy(iish) as still the school holidays - we were there in September - but i may be wrong. I have written a really long review on skopelos that will tell you more about the place!

Congratulations on your wedding and whether you choose Skopelos or Alonissos I am sure you have a wonderful time.

Best wishes to you both

Alison

Guildford, United...
4. Re: honey moon destination!

I've just checked out your blog on Skopelos. Sounds amazing, thanks for the tips!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
reviews: 32
5. Re: honey moon destination!

Hey and welcome becrew:-) Although the isle gets pretty packed in August.. it is the peak month.. doesn't really seem so.. since the isle is relatively large, it doesn't seem.. or feel.. that crowded;-) I admit I haven't been there in August in a while.. I usually go in Sept;-) Take a look at www.skopelosweb.gr/ for some general info as well as accommodation options whether in Town or at one of it's beautiful beaches;-) You can also check out www.alonissos.gr/ where you'll find the Marine Park.. google for some fascinating info;-) Congrats.. and Happy Honeymoon planning.. always EnJOY!

6. Re: honey moon destination!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 12, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Skopelos