We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skiathos sept 28 to oct 5.

Which Skiathos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 3
Skiathos sept 28 to oct 5.

What should we expect in terms of weather? Does anyone have restaurants to recomend for us. We have two children age 4 and 6. Any activities to recomend, playgrounds...? Our last stay was in 1999. We sort of hope Skiathos is still the same, as we loved being there.

Durham
reviews: 51
1. Re: Skiathos sept 28 to oct 5.

Hi,

Never been that time of year. You don't say where you are staying.

If you are on Megali Ammos beach, Taverna Thessaloniki does great food, has great views and has a children's corner with games etc and Kiki the parrot who the kids love.

Good Luck, Gary.

2. Re: Skiathos sept 28 to oct 5.

We are staying in Skiathos town, but we plan on going to some of the beaches. We would like to go inland, find footpaths...maybe a boattrip:-) Thank you for replying:-)

Edited: 6:21 pm, September 13, 2013
Durham
reviews: 51
3. Re: Skiathos sept 28 to oct 5.

Well then, Taverna Thessaloniki is on Megali Ammos beach which is known as the Town beach. If you are staying in town it is a 15 to 20 minute walk.

It is not the best beach on the island but we love it. You can go to all the beaches on the bus from town.

Good Luck and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Gary.

4. Re: Skiathos sept 28 to oct 5.

Anyone?

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
reviews: 61
5. Re: Skiathos sept 28 to oct 5.

Weather may be unpredicatable then. you will have some sun for sure but probably also some rain. For walks, look at the shorter ones in Ortin Widmann's book, plenty of links here:

tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g189499-i809-k66941…

and a sample of the book including 3 easy walks here:

www.skiathos-direct.com/sample-english.pdf

Edited: 7:52 pm, September 14, 2013
St Helens, United...
reviews: 26
6. Re: Skiathos sept 28 to oct 5.

I don't wish to put a downer on your plans but there is very little to entertain the children other than the beach and sea and by then most sunbeds will be gone and beach tavernas closed. On the plus side when we came the same week and couple of years ago the weather was glorious due the whole week.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
reviews: 61
7. Re: Skiathos sept 28 to oct 5.

I think there's a playground on the way down to town from bus stop 4, near the medical centre.

Personally I would prefer the beaches without all the sunbeds :)

But the decider will be the weather.

8. Re: Skiathos sept 28 to oct 5.

As long as it does not rain all week:-) Thank you for helpful replies:-)

Skiathos, Greece
9. Re: Skiathos sept 28 to oct 5.

There is also a tiny playground on the old harbour, not far from the fishmarket, and the kids might appreciate a visit to the Skiathos Dog Shelter.

10. Re: Skiathos sept 28 to oct 5.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 18, 2014